Jump to Contents
I dont know where I first tasted my first potato skins. I think it was a bar in Katipunan a decade ago. But it’s one of those food that brings happy memories and a warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction.
I used to make them all the time for Anakin when we were on the Potato Skin frenzy. But I’ve been avoiding carbs lately and potatoes is one of the produce I skip on the groceries.
Anyway, because of the Thanksgiving coming up, I though t I’d share a simple homemade potato skins. Potatoes are very forgiving and you cant make a mistake with these. Except maybe, burning them, lol.
Cheesy Loaded Potato Skins with Bacon
- 4 big potatoes
- 1 tbsp bacon oil
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Crispy Fried Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fry your bacon till crispy. Reserve your bacon oil.
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and scrub your potatoes thoroughly.
- Put potatoes in a rack to let dry. Pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Rub with the reserved bacon oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully cut each potato lengthwise into thirds. Reserve middle slice of each for something else. Scoop out the potatoes leaving out only a thin layer of the potato. (about 1/4″ thickness)
- Allow potatoes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brush potato skins with melted butter and bake for 25 minutes until crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and sliced green onions.
Want your potato skins a bit faster? You can do this cooking hack. If you have a microwave oven, use it for the first baking step. Bake it for 7 to 10 minutes, or until you can easily insert a fork to the center.
Check out my other potato recipes!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…