Eggplant Spaghetti is a great dish and new food recipe for a no meat Friday. This is a nice filling dish, very budget meal friendly, and a very healthy recipe too.
There are times when we have an overload of eggplant. This vegetable is the most abundant on our farm in the province and sometimes we hardly know what to do with it. I’m always sad when some eggplant just goes to the compost bin. So we try to do a lot with them instead of just the usual eggplant steak, tortang talong, or ensaladang talong. We discovered that cutting them really small and using them for sauteing instead of meat can give some really nice umami flavor to food. So we use it a lot for sauteing vegetables. You might find that weird, but it really works!
Anyway, today I’m sharing with you a recipe for eggplant pasta. This is an easy healthy dish to make for lunch and dinner. Try it and add it to your eggplant repertoire!
Eggplant Spaghetti Recipe
- 500 gms spaghetti (cooked according to package directions)
- 3-5 pieces Medium Size Eggplant (cut to pieces)
- Italian tomato sauce
- 5 pcs garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes choped
- A few basil leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the spaghetti and set aside.
- Heat the pan and saute garlic cloves and basil. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft. Add tomato sauce. Let simmer in slow fire.
- In another pan, heat oil and fry eggplants by batch until wilted. Turn off fire and stir eggplants into the still simmering tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble in a plate with the cooked spaghetti.Top with some available cheese. Enjoy your healthy meal!