Chocolate cupcakes in just over an hour? Learn how to make chocolate cupcake recipe using a pancake mix. Classic chocolate cupcakes are always a winner in birthday parties and small gatherings. But they’re too costly to order from a baking shop and if you have the time, it would be more cost effective if you do the cupcakes yourself.
Making cupcakes is easy with either a big oven or even an oven toaster.
I attended one of the cooking classes of Chef TJ of The Maya Kitchen and we learned how to make chocolate cupcake recipe using a pancake mix. We made these cupcakes with kids so, totally easy and doable even with the help of the little tots.
This cupcake recipe comes with easy frosting too! If you have no mixer, I suggest the chocolate frosting, otherwise, I love the buttercream.
Chocolate Cupcakes by The Maya Kitchen
- 1 piece egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 1 pack MAYA Chocolate Hotcake Mix 200 g
Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- sprinkles (optional)
Vanilla Butter Cream
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° F/177°C.
- Line a 6-hole, 3 oz. muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, slightly beat egg. Add in oil, water and hotcake mix, Mix batter mixture until blended.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per muffin hole.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- Cool and set side.
Prepare Chocolate Fudge Frosting: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick. Set aside.
To Assemble: Spread chocolate fudge frosting onto cupcakes. Top with sprinkles (optional).
Prepare Butter Cream: Cream butter until light and fluffy. Alternately add the sugar and milk. Beat until of spreadable consistency. Add vanilla extract; mix until incorporated into the frosting.
To Assemble: Spread butter cream frosting onto cupcakes. Or if you have them, you can use a star tip to design your cupcakes.
For your butter cream recipe, add or lessen the sugar as want depending on how sweet you want them to be. And if you’re looking for other desserts to do with your pancake mix, check my Crepe Recipe with Pancake Mix.
Wanna save this recipe in your Pinterest so you dont lose it? Pin the Image below!