My family loves anything crispy and fried. This crispy squid would disappear while I’m cooking. So it’s really better to prepare lots so we can still have some to eat after I’m done cooking.
Crispy Squid Recipe
*This is for a big batch. Great for a family Netflix party and goes well with beer!
1 Table spoon plus 1 teaspoon iodized salt
1/2 tbsp. MSG (if using)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 pcs. Knorr chicken cubes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoon sweet paprika (or 5 spice powder)
2 1/2 cups water
3 kilo squid
chilled water or milk
2 cups all purpose flour
Oil for deep frying or fat for frying.
- Prepare marinade in advance. Combine the first six ingredients in a pan and simmer until chicken cubes is dissolved. Allow to cool down.
- Clean and cut your squid and marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. (I used packed squid from the grocery so I marinated it overnight while defrosting.)
- Drain the marinade and dredge the squid in flour.
- Dip in chilled water then drop in flour again.
- Then deep fry the calamari in batches, for three minutes:
- Put in paper towels and sprinkle some salt and black pepper while hot.
- Serve with garlic and vinegar or garlic-mayo dip.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…