Light and Hearty Homemade Chicken Sopas (soup) made from #leftover roasted chicken. This comforting soup comes without the cream and calories!
Chicken Soup Recipe
- oil (for sauteing)
- Leftover chicken with bones
- 1 Chicken cube
- onion, quartered
- celery, chopped
- carrots (cut lengthwise and quartered)
- laurel leaves (2)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (@McCormickCulinaryPH or if you have fresh thyme, use 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 8 cups of water
- any pasta (macaroni, egg noodles, spaghetti) cooked according to instructions
- onion -1, chopped
- celery -1, chopped
- carrots (cut lengthwise and quartered) -1
- salt and pepper
- Separate bones and chicken. Leave 1/2 cup of chicken and skin and set aside the rest.
- Saute onions, bones and 1/2 cup of shredded chicken including skin.
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add water, patis, and chicken cubes and simmer broth for 1 hour. (not boiling, just a light simmer)
- Strain stock and discard bones and vegetables.
- Saute carrots 1, celery 1, carrots 1 till cooked and wilted.
- Add soup and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pasta. Add shredded chicken. Cook about 3 – 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
You can bottle this and put on the ref. Consume up to 3 days. If frozen, consume in a month.