Light and Hearty Homemade Chicken Sopas (soup) made from #leftover roasted chicken. This comforting soup comes without the cream and calories!
Chicken Soup Recipe
- oil (for sauteing)
- Leftover chicken with bones
- 1 Chicken cube
- onion, quartered
- celery, chopped
- carrots (cut lengthwise and quartered)
- laurel leaves (2)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (@McCormickCulinaryPH or if you have fresh thyme, use 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 8 cups of water
- any pasta (macaroni, egg noodles, spaghetti) cooked according to instructions
- onion -1, chopped
- celery -1, chopped
- carrots (cut lengthwise and quartered) -1
- salt and pepper
- Separate bones and chicken. Leave 1/2 cup of chicken and skin and set aside the rest.
- Saute onions, bones and 1/2 cup of shredded chicken including skin.
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add water, patis, and chicken cubes and simmer broth for 1 hour. (not boiling, just a light simmer)
- Strain stock and discard bones and vegetables.
- Saute carrots 1, celery 1, carrots 1 till cooked and wilted.
- Add soup and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pasta. Add shredded chicken. Cook about 3 – 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
You can bottle this and put on the ref. Consume up to 3 days. If frozen, consume in a month.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…