One of our favorite at Max is their Tofu Sisig. It is such a delicious but healthy treat and if you love tofu, you will love this easy recipe. You can do this at home in under 30 minutes!
Tofu Sisig Ala Max
- 8 Tofu Squares
- 2 white onions
- Magic Sarap (optional)
- 3 birds eye chili (chopped)
- 2 green chili (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Mama Sita Oyster Sauce
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Chicharon (optional, for toppings)
- Cut tofu into small squares and marinate with Magic Sarap for 30 minutes.
- Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Mix Mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar, and freshly ground pepper.
- In a pan, saute garlic and onion, add chili.
- Add fried tofu, then the mayonnaise mixture. Stir until tofu is fully coated and turn off fire.
- Transfer to plate. Top with Chicharon. Serve hot.
If you want it meaty, you can add minced chicken liver. Make sure liver is pre boiled and soft enough. Add between step 4 and 5. You can also add 2-3 tbsp milk if you want it saucy.