This week’s featured Mommy Recipe is Maria Kanno’s Authentic Omurice Recipe. Mamita as she is popularly called in my favorite food group is Maria Kanno, a Filipina living in Japan with her family. Like most of our readers, she’s also a mommy raketera and cooks for the Filipino community in Japan in her “extra” time. I’m really not sure how she does it. Answering recipe questions in the group alone and sharing her knowledge all the time seems to be a full time job to me!
Today. I’m sharing her Omurice which we really love at home.
Omurice is a Japanese fried rice recipe wrapped in egg omelet then topped with ketchup. This is another perfect breakfast for leftover rice. It’s very quick to do and you can be done with breakfast in under 20 minutes!
The softly-cooked omelete and sweet tomato-flavored rice complements each other very well, so I hope you will enjoy this quick and easy recipe!
Authentic Japanese Omurice Recipe
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 kl chicken breast (sliced)
- 2 pcs sausage (TJ hotdog) (sliced)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 small red bell pepper(minced)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of Knorr liquid seasoning
- Salt, pepper (Tancha meter)
- Cooking oil
- 2 eggs per piece
- Saute minced onions in preheated cooking oil till translucent and fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, sprinkle garlic powder and black pepper. Continue to stir fry.
- Add sliced chicken, followed by sliced hotdog. Continue to stir fry till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add cooked rice and mix until rice is heated.
- Season with salt, black pepper, Knorr Liquid Seasoning and ketchup according to taste. Cook for about 3 minutes more.
- Beat the eggs, season with salt and Ajinomoto (optional).
- In another NON STICK PAN, (to avoid ruining the egg wrap), heat some oil, and add the beaten eggs. Circulate the eggs in the pan while frying the eggs to make a round egg wrap. Don’t over cook the eggs. It should still be a bit wet on top so that it will stick to the rice when wrapping. Turn off the flame.
- Get the chicken rice mixture, just enough to fill the egg wrap. Place in the middle. Gently wrap both sides of the egg to the rice in the middle.
- Get a plate and cover pan. Tip and turn over pan to transfer the Omurice to plate.
- Design to your hearts content. Enjoy! ????
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…