Easy Golden Japanese Beef Curry Recipe
At my place in Kapitolyo Pasig, we have a grocery that sells weird and wonderful things. They have Korean noodles, Thai chillies, Japanese milk tea, etc.
One of them is the delicious Golden Beef Curry. If you’re a Japanese food fan and a curry fan, it will make you happy as a bunny. Maybe because of the vegetables, Japanese curry tastes sweet and not as strong as Indian curry.
The Golden Beef Curry is a roux curry prepared ahead and you don’t have to mess with ingredients. It’s a mix of blends and spices that makes the curry taste uniquely Japanese. This makes it very easy for busy moms to prepare Japanese beef curry for their family when the craving hits! It’s actually very easy. With this Japanese Beef Curry Recipe using Golden Curry, I technically just followed the instructions with some variations for the Filipino palate.
Golden Japanese Beef Curry Recipe
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 (white) onions sliced
- ½ Tbsp ginger (optional)
- 1 kilo cubed beef
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1-2 potatoes cubed
- Golden Curry (half of the package) (instructions say use all squares but I’m good with half. Add more if you want it thicker like in the featured photo)
- 5 cups water
- Saute meat with garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat and veggies are tender (~15 minutes)
- Break the Golden Curry Sauce Mix into pieces and add them to the pot.Stir until completely melted.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot over rice!
PS, If you’re looking for this Golden Japanese Beef Curry in a box, it’s also available in the grocery store in Megamall or try Robinsons grocery. Also available at Lazada here: Golden Beef Curry.