Cook real chicken nuggets for the kids and kids at heart. #kidfriendlyrecipe
I have always been for easy. And if I can, I’d buy everything premade and ready to cook. But I tend to stay away from the chicken nuggets on those big freezers. Because chicken nuggets, the ones sold in the groceries, hardly have any chicken on it and all I can taste is the breadcrumbs.
So here’s a simple fun recipe for kids, so you can make some and enjoy some real chicken!
Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup Maya all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or half a chicken cube melted in hot water)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kalamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken,
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- oil for frying
- Cook butter and flour in a pan.
- Gradually pour in the milk and broth. Cook until thick while stirring constantly.
- Add parsley, kalamansi juice and onion. Season to taste. Cool.
- Add chicken meat to cooled mixture. Mix well then chill for a few minutes.
- Shape into nuggets (or any other shape like hearts, smilies and letters, guaranteed to make someone happy) then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Dip in egg-water mixture then roll again in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
That’s it! I told you it’s easy. I love how this turned out to be very tasty chicken! So very far from the chicken nuggets in the grocery.
Now if you want to save this recipe, bookmark this page or click the print button to print the document as PDF. You can also share the recipe below on your Pinterest or right + click to save it on your computer.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…