Eggplants are tasty, adaptable, and budget friendly. In times of “petsa de peligro”, they are great for assorted meals that are filling and Try an easy fried eggplant to go with your main dish or for an easy pinoy breakfast. This is firm, yet creamy, and the eggplant is bursting with aroma and flavor.
Eggplants makes an easy Filipino breakfast recipe and an easy and healthy meal to cook quickly.
Easy Fried Eggplant
- Eggplants (cut into circles)
- Cripy Fry Breading Mix
- Salt your eggplant and leave for about 10 minutes. Wipe and dab with kitchen tissue paper to remove water.
- Toss with Crispy Fry Mix. (Note, if you’re not using crispy fry, dip it in beaten egg then toss in breadcrumbs)
- Heat oil and make sure its hot enough by trowing in a bit of salt. If it sizzles, its hot enough.
- To make a perfect fried eggplant, add eggplant by batch taking care not to crowd it and deep fry until golden.
- Put in tissue paper to absorb the oil.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper upon serving.