We all know that Mackerel Fish is healthy because as an oily fish, it has Omega 3 that could help prevent heart diseases, lower risk of diabetes, and control blood pressure levels. Mackerel also has much lower in Mercury than tuna. It is high in protein, and-6 oils, vitamins A and D, and some B vitamins.
But did you know that it is now being considered as a diet fish? Mackerel Fish is now making the raves as a new food that can help people lose weight. According to The Sun,scientists claim that eating it makes us feel full. It is packed with protein — known to satisfy hunger and keep us feeling full for longer.
So today, I’m sharing a Mackerel Sisig Recipe for Uni -Pak. Uni-Pak Mackerel is one among the many quality canned goods produced by SLORD Corporation. They are aiming to break thru the Mackerel market with imported mackerel in oil because “hindi basta nakasanayan the best na yan”. Truth to tell, even before I partnered with Uni-Pak, we have been using this product because it’s cheaper and not as “malansa” or fishy to me.
If you know me, I am a mommy blogger who is a fan of easy and last minute cooking. And I do not shy away from feeding my family canned fish. Canned fish is an inexpensive and high quality alternative to fresh fish. Because #realtalk, here in Manila, we can’t always afford to eat fresh fish. My pantry will never lack from sardines, mackerel, and tuna. I use them for pang gisa, palaman, and sometimes patties. Paolo (the hubby) even has his favorite Mackerel Ala Pobre Recipe which he claims up to now is his own invention and a personal recipe.
Sisig Mackerel Recipe Na Pak Na Pak
- 2 200 grams can of Uni-Pak Mackerel or 1 big can
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 Siling Pangsigang
- 1 Red Finger Chili (optional)
- 1 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- spring onions
- fried garlic
1. Saute garlic, ginger and onion in hot oil.
2. Add drained mackerel, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper and chilies.
3. Mix thoroughly. (I like them big and soft but the men like it crushed and a bit on the crispy side for pulutan so, your choice if you will crush the fish.)
4. Top with 1 egg and cook until egg is set.
5. Carefully transfer to a plate ang garnish with spring onions, fried garlic, and tomatoes.
6. Serve with calamansi and hot sauce on the side.
This is a tried and tested recipe, malasa at masarap kaya basta Mackerel dapat tatak Unipak!
PS, gusto mo bang matikman at malasap ang sarap ng Uni-Pak? Join and win a gift pack from Uni-Pak. Simple lang para manalo. Join my Rafflecopter promo below!
#Note, selected winners will be contacted via their post so make sure your account is public. You may also leave your email address and name on the comments below. :)
Once the winners are selected, I will be forwarding your details to Uni-pak so they can send your winning Gift Pack. Good luck!