Chinese Quekiam Quick Mix
Quekiam / Kikiam Set
- 15 Pcs Wrapper Taupe
- Kikiam Sauce (good for 1.5 kl)
Chinese Quekiam is a meat sausage with a sweet and sour dip. It is a favorite for Chinese food lovers and usually can be bought at Binondo or at specialty Chinese stores and restaurants. With our Quickmix you can easily make them at home. They’re easy to make and no worries about buying extra spices that you wont need for a long time.
Lots of our mommies also use this for additional racket at home by cooking a big batch and selling the extra for profit.
Chinese Quekiam Recipe (Original):
- 1 kl ground pork (lean)
- 450 grams Singkamas / Jicama/ Turnip (use Carrots if there’s no Singkamas) (grated and squeezed)
- RLM’s Chinese Quekiam Premix (125g)
- Taupe Wrapper
- Oil for frying
- RLM’s Kikiam Sauce Powder (85 gms)
- 1 cup water
- Chilis (Siling Labuyo)- optional
- Mix lean ground pork (fat can make your Quekiam soggy) and the Singkamas.
- Add RLM’s Chinese Quekiam Quickmix. Mix thoroughly.
- Wrap like a lumpia. Every kikiam meat should weigh 100 grams per wrapper.
- Heat a cupful of oil in a nonstick pan. The oil should reach to about half of the Quekiam.
- Fry Quekiam on a low fire. Cover pan.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Dissolve Kikiam Sauce Powder in 1 cup of water.
- Add chilis if desired.
- Simmer the sauce in medium fire until thick.
Singkamas should be grated. Use food processor if possible. You can use a cheese grater. Squeeze out the water thoroughly. The remaining pulp should be 450 grams.
After frying, you can freeze the Quekiam for up to 30 days.