The Wacky and Crazy Cake With No Eggs, No Milk, No Butter!
Jump to recipe
Relax Lang Mom2020-11-12T14:37:35+08:00
There’s a cupcake recipe with vinegar (by Chef RV Manabat) going around Facebook recently and I was reminded of this Crazy Cake we used to do a lot with our (now expired) toaster oven.
It’s very easy to do with none of the usual preparation when making a cake. You just dump them together, making sure not to over mix the ingredients.
This crazy cake is a science-d cake invented in the Depression Era in the United States. It has no butter, milk, and eggs but it is able to stand up because of the vinegar. The baking soda reacts with the vinegar to give the cake its lift and moist texture (and does not make the cake taste like vinegar at all!).
And because it has no eggs and milk, those with allergies can eat them without being worried about their allergy.
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 6 tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 big can evap milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Use any size pan you want then add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla essence and white vinegar and the oil.
- Pour 2 cups of water over it and mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix everything except the butter.
- Cook over low fire.
- Once desired consistency is achieved, add butter and mix until shiny.
1. Watch the cake and temperature making sure not to overcook it. Once inserted toothpick comes out clean, you may turn off the heat and take out of the oven.
© 2021 All Rights Reserved RelaxlangMom.com
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!