This is the third week of our Low Carb Meal Plan. I already lost 1 kilos from 65 to 64. I know, not much, but it was a struggle so I’m celebrating my win!
Again, here are the guidelines:
- As much as possible, should be regular Pinoy Food or similar. This is one of the challenges of creating a Low Carb Menu Diet. Almost all of the posted menus online are American or European food!
- Can be eaten by others of the family not on a diet.
- Budget friendly.
- As much as possible no sugars, including soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others, including Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- Avoid Gluten Grains such as wheat, spelt, white flour, barley and rye. Includes breads, cereals, crackers, and pastas.
- No oil if possible, “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils, High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
- No potatoes, corn, and other tubers.
- “Diet” and low-fat products. You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labelled as “health foods.”
- No highly processed foods. If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Unlimited nuts, and vegetables. Fruits on moderation.
- 1/2 cup rice. This is a low carb diet, not a no carb diet.
- No calorie counting. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re satiated.
- I know some households require a pairing of veggies and protein for lunch and dinner and I will try to accommodate that as much as possible.
- Sundays are cheat days.
- B: Poached Egg and Bacon
- L: Salisbury Steak, Buttered Vegetables
- D: Clam and Corn Soup, Korean Beef Steak
- B: Bangus Sardines, Tortang Talong
- L: Salted Egg Fried Chicken, Buttered Baguio Beans
- D: Spicy Crab, Ginisang Sayote
- B: Pork and Beans, Siomai,
- L: Cream of Asparagus Soup, Scotch Eggs
- D: Crab Soup, Slow Cooked Hardinera
- B: Skinless Longanisa with Fresh Tomatoes
- L:Baked Crispy Pata, Onion Soup
- D: Binagoongang Baboy, Vegetable Kare-Kare
Note: I am not a dietitian. If you have a health condition, please consult your doctor first!
Want a shopping list?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…