This is the third week of our Low Carb Meal Plan. I already lost 1 kilos from 65 to 64. I know, not much, but it was a struggle so I’m celebrating my win!
Again, here are the guidelines:
- As much as possible, should be regular Pinoy Food or similar. This is one of the challenges of creating a Low Carb Menu Diet. Almost all of the posted menus online are American or European food!
- Can be eaten by others of the family not on a diet.
- Budget friendly.
- As much as possible no sugars, including soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others, including Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- Avoid Gluten Grains such as wheat, spelt, white flour, barley and rye. Includes breads, cereals, crackers, and pastas.
- No oil if possible, “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils, High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
- No potatoes, corn, and other tubers.
- “Diet” and low-fat products. You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labelled as “health foods.”
- No highly processed foods. If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Unlimited nuts, and vegetables. Fruits on moderation.
- 1/2 cup rice. This is a low carb diet, not a no carb diet.
- No calorie counting. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re satiated.
- I know some households require a pairing of veggies and protein for lunch and dinner and I will try to accommodate that as much as possible.
- Sundays are cheat days.
- B: Poached Egg and Bacon
- L: Salisbury Steak, Buttered Vegetables
- D: Clam and Corn Soup, Korean Beef Steak
- B: Bangus Sardines, Tortang Talong
- L: Salted Egg Fried Chicken, Buttered Baguio Beans
- D: Spicy Crab, Ginisang Sayote
- B: Pork and Beans, Siomai,
- L: Cream of Asparagus Soup, Scotch Eggs
- D: Crab Soup, Slow Cooked Hardinera
- B: Skinless Longanisa with Fresh Tomatoes
- L:Baked Crispy Pata, Onion Soup
- D: Binagoongang Baboy, Vegetable Kare-Kare
Note: I am not a dietitian. If you have a health condition, please consult your doctor first!
Want a shopping list?