My kids love pancakes at breakfast. We usually do them on weekends when I’m not too rushed and the kids can help make them. But I’m not too talented on the arts side so I let the kids just do whatever they want. If you’re like me and would like a bit of a cheat sheet, here are some designs to make your pancakes happier (and your kids too)! Technically, they don’t qualify as an easy Filipino breakfast recipe but its a great way to bond with your kids.
Bonus Points: Most of these pancake designs are made with fruits so they’re healthier!
Here’s a recipe that I often use when I’m not feeling too lazy and use premix instead. This recipe has performed quiet well, sometimes I still manage to burn them but overall, a good Filipino recipes for kids and a fluffy recipe for pancake.
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp white sugar
1 egg (large)
1 1/4 cups water (or milk)
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In a bowl, beat egg, add milk, add butter. Mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just enough until all lumps are gone. Do not over mix.
- Cover with plastic for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan in a low flame.
- Add a bit of oil and half a cup of batter. Cook until bubbles appear on top then flip over. Cook for a minute until brown on the other side. DO NOT BE IMPATIENT. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
Covering the pan until bubbles appear is said to make the pancake fluffier.