When you think of crepes, you probably think its hard to make, because it’s served in French restaurants and so sosyal. Hahaha. Kidding. But you can actually make a crepe recipe with pancake mix. Were you surprised?
I knew it was somehow possible but it was an untested assumption until now.
Crepes are invented in France and they are famous for being delicately thin. The crepe gets its name from the Latin word “crispa,” or “curled”—because of the curling edges of the cake when cooked properly.
Today were using Maya Pancake Mix to make crepes. It’s easy, but you might need a non stick pan in order to successfully do it. You can make it just like you make pancakes or hotcakes, the only difference being very careful to make a thin one and not as fluffy as the pancake.
If you’re looking for gluten free, I made one before called Bibingkreps Rice Flour Pancake.
Crepe Recipe with Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup MAYA Original Hotcake Mix
- Beat eggs slightly then add butter, water and hotcake mix.
- Stir until mixture is free from lumps. This is very important. Otherwise your crepe will have bulges and might even tear.
- Heat an 8–inch non–stick or flat skillet and brush lightly with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan. Tilt from side to side to cover the pan. Cook until set (about a minute).
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining mixture. Set aside.
- Drizzle with preferred flavoring, fruit puree, or in this case, Nutella Chocolates.
Wanna save this recipe in your Pinterest? Pin the image below!