The wonders of cake mixes. No more worrying if you have the right ingredients or if you have the correct amount. Its a dump them and love them affair, which is my favorite of course. I am an advocate of the quick and easy!
Plus this rice cooker cake recipe is a sure winner for those who don’t have an oven at home but wants to make an extra effort to bake. #feelingexpertsakusina
This rice cooker chocolate caramel cake recipe is from my favorite flour and cake mixes company – The Maya Kitchen and uses the Oven Toaster Chocolate Cake Mix.
RICE COOKER CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 pack MAYA Oven Toaster Chocolate Cake 200gms
1 piece egg
½ cup water
3 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
For Chocolate Cake:
- Grease the small rice cooker pot and line it with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, mix all ingredients: chocolate cake mix, egg, water, oil, and chocolate chips. Mix well, but don’t over mix.
- Pour the chocolate cake mixture to the rice cooker pot and place it on the rice cooker and press cook as if you’re cooking rice.
- If you have a regular rice cooker, you might need to press the cook button twice for you to be able to cook the cake, but you must rest the rice cooker to lower the temperature sensor before pressing it again. If you have an advance rice cooker, you can choose the cake selection.
- To check if cooked, insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean. Once the cake is done, turn the pot on over to a cooling rack.
- Pour caramel sauce on top. Serve.
See! I told you it’s easy.
For Caramel Sauce:
- In a medium size stock pot, melt sugar over low heat with continuous stirring, let it caramelize.
- Add butter and let it melt, then add the cream. Continue stirring, until all ingredients are thick and well blended.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the chocolate cake and serve.
Control the urge to peek and open the lid of the rice cooker. It will let all of the heat out.
Most rice cookers have a non-stick coating but if your’s does not then you need to give it a spray of cooking oil before you pour in the batter.
I have the simple rice cooker and had to set it to cook twice, which took about 20-25 minutes.
If you really want to turn the dial up on the chocolate flavour then you need to go for this Chocolate pancake recipe. Oh yes.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…