Jump to Contents
You can buy these ingredients in Divisoria (I’m not sure where), or you can check my shop.
Trivia! Corned beef doesn’t have corn in them. The corned part means salted, or salt cured using large rocksalt called “corns” and the Irish probably coined it.
Follow this Flipino dish with recipes and procedures below!
Meat -Beef brisket, or any boneless beef – 1 kg
Cover Pickle Ingredients:
- 1 cup – Water
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1-1/4 Tbsp – Sugar, refined
- 1 tsp – Curing salt (Prague powder)
- 1/4 tsp – Vitamin C powder
- 1 tsp – Phosphate
1. Select good quality meat.
2. Prepare the cover pickle (40 degree salinity)
4. Immerse meat into the cover pickle.
5. Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refrigerate (34-36 degree F) for 1-2 days. Make sure to turn the meat at least 3 times a day.
- 1 tsp – Nutmeg
- 1 tsp – Corned beef seasoning
- 1 tsp – Garlic powder
- 1 tsp – MSG*
- 2 Tbsp – Carageenan
- Rinse meat under running water briefly.
- Add 2 cups water to cover the meat with the above ingredients.
- You may add onion or leeks, garlic, carrot, celery, etc for added flavor.
- Cook slowly for 2 to 3 hours until corned beef is very tender.
At this point, I can now stop and refrigerate the corned beef until I need it for my corned beef sinigang. But if you’re making the regular old corned beef as we know it, continue below.
Corned Beef For Selling
- prepared corned beef
- 2 tbsp – Trimix
- 1 tsp Caregeenan
- 1/4 cup water
- Separate meat from broth. Reserve broth.
- Flake the corned beef.
- For every 300 grams stock add 2 Tbsp Trimix and 1 tsp Carageenan previously dissolved in 1/4 cup water and boil it until thickens.
- Add it to 700 grams flaked lean meat to make 1000 grams product.
- Pack in polyethylene bags and keep in freezer.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…