How to Cook Afritada
How to Cook Pork Afritada
- oil for sauteing
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 big white onion, chopped
- pork 1 kl , chopped (Adobo cut in Monterey Meat Shop or pork shoulder)
- big potato, 1 whole, cut into wedges (or 5 small potatoes)
- carrot (1) big, cut into wedges
- 2 sachet Tomato Sauce of your preference (or about 500 ml)
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- pork cube (1) in 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp patis or fish sauce
- small red bell pepper, sliced
- small green bell pepper, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and fry potatoes and carrots. Set aside.
- Saute the garlic and onions in the same pan.
- Add the pork and patis and cook until rendering a bit of fat.
- Add pork broth, water, and tomato sauce. Cook in medium fire until pork is soft.
- Put-in the potato and carrots and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook more until bell pepper is soft and flavors have melded.
- Add pepper to taste. Check if it requires salt.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Do you have anything to add or to share? I would love to hear your thoughts!
Want to save this recipe on your Pinterest so you dont lose the link? Pin the image below!