“You’re invited!” are always welcome words to hear whether it’s to a barbeque, birthday party, cocktail party, graduation, housewarming, girls’ night out or other special event. However, most people think planning a successful party takes a lot of time and effort. Not true, according to Evite, the leading social event- planning service on the Web.
“By following simple party- planning rules, you can plan a fabulous bash in very little time,” said Jessica Landy Raymond, a planning expert for Evite. “Your guests will be so impressed, they’ll think you hired a pro!”
Organization is essential for seamlessly planning a great social event. Evite has helped millions of hosts plan successful events and offers these tips to take the hassle out of party planning:
1. Choose an event theme-A good theme ensures that guests interact with one another. A great theme-such as a barbecue luau, beach party, ’70s-inspired disco, masquerade ball or poker night- will make your party unforgettable.
2. Create an event checklist-Be sure everything gets done on time with a comprehensive to-do list that includes everything from determining an overall budget and selecting an event date to choosing the perfect venue and making a guest list. For tips and sample checklists, check out Evite’s Party Checklist.
3. Bring the theme to life-Pull all the pieces of the party together neatly by selecting invitations, decorations, activities and music that complement your theme.
4. Plan the food and beverage menu-The event theme should inspire your menu and beverages. Make sure you have enough food and drink for your guests by consulting recipes and drink calculators during the planning process. For help, try Evite’s Drink Calculator and Party Menus & Recipes
5. Relax and enjoy the event!-Remember, the number-one party-planning tip is to not stress about any little things that go wrong. Everyone is there for a good time, and the host should be, too!
Tapping into online party-planning resources is a simple and easy way to fulfill all your planning “to dos.”