For busy moms, getting back 2 – 3 hours of free time per day is a great blessing. Here are some hacks and tips to save some of those precious time!
- Use lists and to do apps. Lists and to do apps such as Wunderlist or Anydo that sync’s to your phone without the internet.
- Get a family planner. A centralized family planner where everyone can put in their activities such as Dad’s out of town event or your sons’ guitar lessons can help you have an easy way to manage your week!
- Get your house cleaned by a pro. Gawin.ph is perfect for this! You can have your house cleaned while you do your work. You can do other more productive stuff if you let others handle your more “manual” chores.
Ask Kuya for help.(Unfortunately, Kuya has retired from helping us busy Moms for now. I’m on the lookout for something or someone who provides the same service! UPDATE: Kuya is back! Download the MyKuya app ang get help with just about anything!
- Have your groceries delivered. I use Metromart and sometimes Lazada for the groceries. Try it! It’s so easy to order. just install their apps on your phone!
- Utilize laundry shops. Look at it this way, if you’d rather be doing something else more productive instead of doing the laundry, better adapt this tip. In my case, I find it more cost efficient to be paying someone else to do chores than do it myself. Here’s a quick computation, if you’re earning P800 pesos per hour and you do the laundry for 3 hours, you’d have missed earning P2400 for something that can be done at P300.
Use these kitchen hacks
- Use a slow cooker. This is my favorite. They’re easy to do and you just prep them and leave them. You’d be having an amazing dinner by the time you come back from whatever it is you’re doing! Check The Relax Movement here and why you should buy a slow cooker.
- Prepare and freeze a weeks worth of meals. A little planning goes a long long way. Plus less stress on the great question that pops out everyday -What’s for dinner Mom?!
Use online services
- Pay bills online. I use either Gcash, Paymaya, or Coins -apps that you can also install on your phone. But if you have an online bank account -like BPI or BDO, you can also pay your bills there. No lines!
- Shop online. I used to be afraid to shop online for fear of fraud or inability to get support and help for the products I buy – but ever since Lazada, be it a big item like a bed -seriously! or a machine like an oven -yes!, or other home stuff like gadgets and even clothes, I am never going back to my annual treks at Divisoria.
It’s so easy to fall into the busy mom category and be that stressed woman whose always either worrying about something or mad about something, or even guilt tripping for the things we were not able to do but technology has moved on and we can also move forward! Do these tips and you’re likely to save at least 10 hours a week!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…