Shawarma Quick Mix
Shawarma Garlic Sauce Mix
Shawarma is a Middle Eastern influence that started to become popular in the Philippines at mid 90’s when I was in college. (Ha!) Small franchises sprouted all over Metro Manila and 2 decades later, Filipinos are still in love with Shawarma.
You can think of Shawarma as something like the Mexican Burrito. It is made of thinly sliced cuts of meat, like chicken, beef, goat, lamb, and sometimes turkey, rolled into a large piece of flatbread or pita that has been steamed or heated. Inside the Pita are vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, and addons like cheese.
Shawarma Garlic Sauce Mix
Shawarma Beef Recipe:
- 45 ml white vinegar (Datu Puti or Silver Swan )
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 TBSP plus 1/2 tsp Shawarma Quickmix
- 1/2 kilo Beef Brisket (Sukiyaki cut / thin slices)
- Assorted Veggies: ( Pipino, White Onion, Cabbage, Tomatoes)
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Pan fry until the edges are dry. No need to add oil.
3. After frying, cut into pieces.
4. Arrange on your pita bread
Personally, I like pan frying better than baking because it’s tastier. The Shawarma Quickmix can make a kilo of meat but this recipe is only for 1/2 kilo. If you want to use all the mix, use 1 kilo of meat.
For each Shawarwa, beef weight should be is 35 grams per pita bread. You can prepare this ahead and put in a plastic and freeze. Then you can just take out 1 pack and reheat everytime theres an order.
1. Put your Pita Bread Quickmix in a bowl and carefully add 70 ml of water. Mix until it forms a dough. (for the P50 per pack Quickmix use, 140 ml of water)
2. Knead dough for about 3-5 minutes until the dough is shiny.
3. Cover the dough with plastic and rest for 20 minutes till double in size.
4. Put some flour in the table where you will cut and prepare the Pita.
5. Weight 50 grams each doughfor each Pita Bread. You can make 5 pita bread.
6. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin intil its thin enough. You can use a long bottle if you dont have a rolling pin.
7. Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Dont put oil.
8. Put the Pita Bread on the hot pan and wait till you see some bubbles. Flip over.
9. This is ready to serve!
You can put your bread in the freezer for up to two months. Make sure that it is in a sealed plastic so it will not dry out.
Put the Pita Powder in the refrigerator for extended shelf life.
Shawarma Garlic Sauce
- 1 TBSP Shawarma Garlic Quickmix or 11 grams. If you want it tastier, y kung gusto ng mas malasa pa add lng more powderou can add more powder.
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil or Canola or 107ml
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar