Siopao is a warm steamed bun that is a favorite merienda for Pinoys. It usually has a filling, usually pork or beef. There are usually 2 varieties to choose from – my favorite is Asado, and the other one is Bola Bola. Siopao is good on it’s own and is a filling merienda or lunch. But it is best paired with mami, or any kind of soup.
Siopao Dough QuickMix
1 package Siopao Quickmix
140 ml water
- Put 1 pack of Siopao Mix in a bowl.
- Add 140 ml water.
- Knead the dough until the water is fully incorporated and dough is smooth.
- Cover dough with plastic and rest for about 20 minutes.
- Cut dough into pieces and weigh 80 grams for each dough.
- Add any filling you want.
- Add your siopao buns in a steamer, monitor till water is boiling , then time it for 20 minutes in medium heat.
- 4 tablespoon plus 2 tsp Asado Quickmix. (add more if desired)
- 1/4 kl pork. (make sure to add in some fats)
- 1 TBSP plus 1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 TBSP cornstarch diluted in 3 TBSP water
- Add pork, Asado Quickmix, soy sauce, and water in a casserole.
- Boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add cornstarch slurry and mix till thick.
- Let cool and add to the siopao bread.
Siopao Sauce. (currently not available.)
1 pack Siopao sauce
1 cup water
- Add 1 pack Siopao sauce and water in a casserole.
- In a medium fire, mix until you see bubbles.
- Turn off fire immediately.