Once in a while, I get a craving for the steamed cream dory. When I was young, my father used to take me to Chinese restaurants and among other Chinese dishes, I got to taste this kind of fish. It was unlike other fish I have tasted then and I remember thinking that it was clean tasting and not as fishy. Back then, cream dory was not as available in markets and groceries as it is now.
Nowadays, when I’m on the red days, this fish is a lifesaver because it’s even cheaper than fresh fish in the market. It’s been getting a lot of bad press lately because some people claim that cream dory may not be safe to eat. Which is a lot of hogwash in my opinion. All food has possibilities of being contaminated with anything and cream dory is about as healthy as any produced and processed food. What Im saying is that the risk would be about the same as say, chicken.
Is cream dory fish healthy?
All types of fish contain high nutritional value. It is already known by many people. Many people find the fish and make fish as side dished every day. Fish is a kind of food that can be used as a delicious side dish and its nutrition value a lot, so the more made the fish became a favorite choice. Nearly all fish contain very many nutrients, including fish Dory. Some of the content of the fish Dory was:
- Omega 3
- EPA, etc.
This steamed cream dory fish fillet recipe is very easy to cook and one among simple recipes for cream dory. Check the recipe below for how to cook cream dory.
Steamed Cream Dory Fish Fillet Recipe (Chinese Style)
- 1 pack of 3 pcs cream dory fillets, sliced
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup light soy sauce (If you dont have Light Soy Sauce, I just mix regular soy sauce 1 (water):2(soy sauce).
- 2½ cups of water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Sesame oil
- Fried Garlic
- Spring Onions, chopped
- Bell Pepper
- Clean the fish and rub with salt and ginger.
- Boil water on your steamer and add the fish once water is boiling. Steam the fish for about 10 minutes until fish is cooked. Set aside.
- Combine the sauce ingredients. and boil. Add half of spring onions and bell pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Fry garlic until crunchy.
- Pour sauce over fish and garnish with spring onions and bell pepper. Sprinkle fried garlic on top.
- Serve with rice!
If you have some parchment paper, you can line the steamer first so the fish will not stick. Otherwise, just be careful with removing the fish.