You can buy these ingredients in Divisoria (I’m not sure where), or you can check my shop.
Trivia! Corned beef doesn’t have corn in them. The corned part means salted, or salt cured using large rocksalt called “corns” and the Irish probably coined it.
Follow this Flipino dish with recipes and procedures below!
Meat -Beef brisket, or any boneless beef – 1 kg
Cover Pickle Ingredients:
- 1 cup – Water
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1-1/4 Tbsp – Sugar, refined
- 1 tsp – Curing salt (Prague powder)
- 1/4 tsp – Vitamin C powder
- 1 tsp – Phosphate
1. Select good quality meat.
2. Prepare the cover pickle (40 degree salinity)
4. Immerse meat into the cover pickle.
5. Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refrigerate (34-36 degree F) for 1-2 days. Make sure to turn the meat at least 3 times a day.
- 1 tsp – Nutmeg
- 1 tsp – Corned beef seasoning
- 1 tsp – Garlic powder
- 1 tsp – MSG*
- 2 Tbsp – Carageenan
- Rinse meat under running water briefly.
- Add 2 cups water to cover the meat with the above ingredients.
- You may add onion or leeks, garlic, carrot, celery, etc for added flavor.
- Cook slowly for 2 to 3 hours until corned beef is very tender.
At this point, I can now stop and refrigerate the corned beef until I need it for my corned beef sinigang. But if you’re making the regular old corned beef as we know it, continue below.
Corned Beef For Selling
- prepared corned beef
- 2 tbsp – Trimix
- 1 tsp Caregeenan
- 1/4 cup water
- Separate meat from broth. Reserve broth.
- Flake the corned beef.
- For every 300 grams stock add 2 Tbsp Trimix and 1 tsp Carageenan previously dissolved in 1/4 cup water and boil it until thickens.
- Add it to 700 grams flaked lean meat to make 1000 grams product.
- Pack in polyethylene bags and keep in freezer.