¡Hola de nuevo amigos! Hope you’re all enjoying pleasant weather wherever you are. As promised, I’m back with an expanded recipe for the delicioso Café con Leche using freeze-dried coffee from Lyger Coffee.
Now before we get into quantities and instructions, let me give you some context on this classic Spanish drink. A Spanish latte, also known as Café con Leche, is traditionally enjoyed as part of the breakfast spread in Spain. Whereas American lattes focus more on strong espresso flavors, the Café con Leche has a creamier, richer profile to tide folks over until the next meal.
Rather than a standard 1:2 ratio of espresso to steamed milk like you find stateside, authentic Café con Leches are brewed with equal parts espresso, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. This gives the beverage its signature luscious, frothy thickness that’s perfect for dipping churros! While making espresso from scratch would certainly drive me loco with cleanup, Lyger Coffee’s mini cups offer a stress-free way to get that rich signature flavor.
So are you ready to elevate your coffee game with a twist of Spanish flair, using the revolutionary Lyger Coffee? In today’s bustling world, where time is as precious as a perfect cup of coffee, Lyger Coffee steps in as our caffeine superhero. Let’s dive into the world of Lyger Coffee and whip up a delectable Spanish Latte that combines convenience with gourmet indulgence.
Why Lyger Coffee?
- Convenience: Bid farewell to the long process of coffee preparation. Lyger Coffee offers you an instant yet luxurious coffee experience.
- Flavor-Packed: Each mini cup is a treasure trove of rich, robust flavors, ensuring a gourmet experience in every sip.
- Healthy Choice: Lyger Coffee isn’t just about taste; it’s also about wellness. Enjoy a healthy coffee option that doesn’t compromise on flavor.
Okay, now for the step-by-step:
First, grab 2 mini cups – I used Lyger’s Americano flavor for this authentic taste. Scoop the contents into your favorite mug. Next, measure 1/3 cup each of milk and sweetened condensed milk into a small pot. Heat the mixtures together over low until just steaming.
Once the milks are hot, pour evenly into your coffee mug till about 3/4 full. Now for the fun part – take a small whisk or spoon and vigorously froth the contents right in the mug. Within seconds you’ll see a layer of thick, creamy foam form on top.
For an optional finishing touch just like they do in cafés in Madrid, sprinkle a dusting of cinnamon over the foam. Raise your mug in a “salud!” and take that first heavenly sip. The flavors meld together in a harmonious dance on your tongue. I promise you’ll be dreaming of churros!
By using Lyger’s mini cups, you can whip up this cultural café favorite in minutes with zero cleanup. It’s certainly become my new morning motivator. I hope you all give it a try – let me know if you become addicted too! Hasta pronto and buen provecho!
- 1 Lyger Coffee mini cup
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of milk (whole milk works best for creaminess)
- 2 teaspoons of condensed milk (adjust to taste)
- A dash of cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Ice cubes (for an iced version)
- Make the Base: Start by making your Lyger Coffee. Empty the coffee contents of the mini cup into a mug and add hot water. Stir well to ensure the coffee dissolves completely.
- Milk Magic: In a separate container, heat the milk until it’s warm but not boiling. If you have a frother, use it to froth the milk for an extra creamy texture.
- Sweet Symphony: Add the condensed milk to the brewed coffee. Stir well until the condensed milk is fully integrated, creating a sweet and irresistible base for your Spanish Latte.
- Combine and Conquer: Gently pour the warm, frothed milk into your coffee mixture. If you’re feeling fancy, try to create some latte art!
- Spice it Up: Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg on top for a hint of spice and an extra layer of flavor.
- Iced Variation: Fancy an iced Spanish Latte? Simply let the coffee mixture cool down, then add ice cubes before pouring in cold milk.
- Sip and Savor: Your Lyger Coffee Spanish Latte is ready! Sit back, relax, and savor the creamy, sweet goodness.