Jump to Contents
I dont know where I first tasted my first potato skins. I think it was a bar in Katipunan a decade ago. But it’s one of those food that brings happy memories and a warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction.
I used to make them all the time for Anakin when we were on the Potato Skin frenzy. But I’ve been avoiding carbs lately and potatoes is one of the produce I skip on the groceries.
Anyway, because of the Thanksgiving coming up, I though t I’d share a simple homemade potato skins. Potatoes are very forgiving and you cant make a mistake with these. Except maybe, burning them, lol.
Cheesy Loaded Potato Skins with Bacon
- 4 big potatoes
- 1 tbsp bacon oil
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Crispy Fried Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fry your bacon till crispy. Reserve your bacon oil.
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and scrub your potatoes thoroughly.
- Put potatoes in a rack to let dry. Pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Rub with the reserved bacon oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully cut each potato lengthwise into thirds. Reserve middle slice of each for something else. Scoop out the potatoes leaving out only a thin layer of the potato. (about 1/4″ thickness)
- Allow potatoes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brush potato skins with melted butter and bake for 25 minutes until crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and sliced green onions.
Want your potato skins a bit faster? You can do this cooking hack. If you have a microwave oven, use it for the first baking step. Bake it for 7 to 10 minutes, or until you can easily insert a fork to the center.
Check out my other potato recipes!