I’m trying to lose weight. Yes! After years of being in denial, I’m finally admitting to myself that I have become fat. For those who believe that fat is a bad word, and body shaming is a sin, good for you gals. I fully support you!
But I’m just so tired of my clothes not fitting me anymore and I don’t have the money to splurge in a new wardrobe. Not to mention health! I’m always tired, I have heart palpitations and my complexion is so waxy. I know that this is not just about my food and also have something to do with me being always tied to my chair but I have begun to take care of that as I have mentioned in my Getting Fit For Summer post.
So, I know I have to take care of my diet next. I made a 4 week Low Carb Diet Meal Plan and this is the first one. Hopefully, with this meal plan series, Ill be on the list of healthy food blogs 2017!
Why Low Carb? For so long, carbs make me sluggish. I’m glad I found the outline for a low carb diet. Though this is more of a moderately healthy eating plan for my family. There’s nothing written in stone, and feel free to change anything, so long as you avoid the carbs.
My Guidelines .
- As much as possible, meal plan should be regular Lutong Pinoy Recipe or similar. This is one of the challenges of creating a Low Carb Menu Diet. Almost all of the posted menus online are American or European food!
- Can be eaten by others of the family not on a diet. (menu for the week Filipino food)
- Budget friendly.
- As much as possible no sugars, including soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others, including Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- Avoid Gluten Grains such as wheat, spelt, white flour, barley and rye. Includes breads, cereals, crackers, and pastas.
- No oil if possible, “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils, High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
- No potatoes, corn, and other tubers.
- “Diet” and low-fat products. You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labelled as “health foods.”
- No highly processed foods. If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Unlimited nuts, and vegetables. Fruits on moderation.
- 1/2 cup rice. This is a low carb diet, not a no carb diet.
- No calorie counting. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re satiated.
- I know some households require a pairing of veggies and protein for lunch and dinner and I will try to accommodate that as much as possible for this meal plan.
- Sundays are cheat days.
- Bacon and Eggs
- Tokwa and Pechay
- Ginisang Repolyo (Pork and Cabbage Soup)
- Tortang Giniling
- Tinolang Manok
- Banana Heart Patties
- Homemade Adobong Bangus Spanish Sardines
- Fried Tilapia
- Tuna Sisig
- Omelet with various veggies
- Ginisang Munggo and Fried Galunggong
- Boneless Bangus in Oyster Sauce
Note: I am not a dietitian. If you have a health condition, please consult your doctor first!
Want to download the shopping list?[mailerlite_form form_id=2]
Looking for week 2? Its here: Low Carb Meal Plan Week 2.