How was your first week? Did you feel deprived in anyway? My first week went fine. I went all out and had no rice at all. I was able to avoid carbs but I did not see any drastic change in my weight. I am also having a 30 minute daily walk. I’m feeling a bit discouraged. Maybe because of all those extra protein I ate? 😛 Hopefully Ill get to show some improvement this week. Ill try to eat less because honestly, even though I’m not eating rice, I’m eating more veggies and meat in order to feel full.
Again, here are the guidelines:
- As much as possible, should be regular Pinoy Food or similar. This is one of the challenges of creating a Low Carb Menu Diet. Almost all of the posted menus online are American or European food!
- Can be eaten by others of the family not on a diet.
- Budget friendly.
- As much as possible no sugars, including soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others, including Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- Avoid Gluten Grains such as wheat, spelt, white flour, barley and rye. Includes breads, cereals, crackers, and pastas.
- No oil if possible, “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils, High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
- No potatoes, corn, and other tubers.
- “Diet” and low-fat products. You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labelled as “health foods.”
- No highly processed foods. If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Unlimited nuts, and vegetables. Fruits on moderation.
- 1/2 cup rice. This is a low carb diet, not a no carb diet.
- No calorie counting. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re satiated.
- I know some households require a pairing of veggies and protein for lunch and dinner and I will try to accommodate that as much as possible.
- Sundays are cheat days.
- Boiled Egg and Daing Bisugo
- Chicken in Sprite
- Adobong Pusit
- Hotdogs and Egg
- Paksiw na GG and Ginisang Kangkong
- Chicken and Siomai Soup
- Scrambled Egg
- Crispy Liempo with Ampalaya Salad
- Vegetable Karekare with Tofu
- Sinigang na Bangus
- Chicken Picatta
- Salted Egg
- Monggo Guisado
- Kinamatisang Bisugo Soup
- Grilled Salmon
Note: I am not a dietitian. If you have a health condition, please consult your doctor first!
Want to download the shopping list?