In the province, what we do is just get Kangkong in the backyard and do an instant Kangkong Adobo. When we went to Manila, I was shocked at how much these kangkong costs. I tried to have it in the 1 feet x 6 feet plot in front of my house but I cannot remember to water them and they kept dying! The ones in our backyard doesn’t even need watering, I don’t understand!
2 tbsp oil
4 pieces garlic, minced
100 grams pork liempo, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tbsp Maya all-purpose flour
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
water or broth
2 bundles kangkong, cut into 2 inch lengths (separate stems from leaves)
- Marinate pork in flour and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Fry in oil and set aside.
- Saute garlic in oil, then add Kangkong stems.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and pepper. Add enough water or broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add Kangkong leaves. Adjust soy sauce if needed.
- Transfer to plate and add pork on top.
3 thoughts on “Adobong Kangkong”
Pingback: Low Carb Meal Plan Week 3 - Relax Lang Mom! Filipino Comfort Food | Home, Living, and Lifestyle Blog
Pingback: How to cook Adobong Manok ~ Relax lang Mom!
Pingback: Crispy Adobo Silog Fried Rice Recipe ~ Relax lang Mom!