Chicken liver is one of the “menudencia” food I like that no one wants at home. (Well, except for Nymeria, our dog). If you’re looking for an easy to cook Filipino food recipe, this is a good candidate.
I actually like chicken more than pork liver because its creamy and tasty. (or maybe not like it more but favor it more, cant’t decide haha!) Plus they’re really inexpensive and can fit a budget meal. Once in a while I get an extreme craving for it and I just make some eventhough I know no one else is going to eat it with me :(. I just give the rest to the neighbors or convert into a simple liver pate.
This Chicken Liver recipe is adapted from another of my favorite which is sausage with peppers and onions. Among my Pinoy dishes list, this recipe can pass as a birthday party recipe for the adults because they’re great as appetizer too. It smells so much better in person!
Chicken Liver with Beans, Peppers, and Onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 white onions sliced
- 1 chicken cube
- 500 grams chicken liver (washed and soaked in milk for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 large bell peppers sliced (you can use green and red bell peppers)
- 200 grams Baguio Beans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in oil and add chicken cubes.
- Add drained chicken liver and and cook in high heat until brown. Add water. Let cook until liver is soft. (Some people prefer a just cooked chicken liver, if you are that, skip the water)
- When water is almost gone, remove the liver and set aside. (At this point you can cut them up if you want).
- Raise the heat, add a bit of oil and add Baguio beans. Saute. Add bell peppers and onion.
- Add soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly. Cook until onion is soft and tender.
- Add back chicken liver.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…