It’s a marriage of both crunchy and currylicious. It’s comfort food at its finest.
So how do you make it? Really, really simple, just put them together, hmmm.
I have given instructions on how to make the katsudon here, and the instructions for making the curry is on this post. However, just so you won’t have to go all over the site, I’ll just post here on how to assemble it. Just go and make the katsudon first then follow the instruction an how to make the curry and assemble below.
Katsu Curry Recipe
- 4-5 cubes Japanese Golden Curry
- 1 large onion cut up
- 1 large potato quartered
- 1 carrot cut and quartered
- 800 ml water
- 1 kilo pork chops prepared as per instruction here
- hot rice
- pickled radish optional (can be bought at SM)
- Cook the tonkatsu.
- Saute onion, add potato and carrot and fry. Add water and blocks of curry. Mix until curry is dissolved.
- Allow to simmer and let cook till curry is thick and smooth.
- Slice the cooked katsu into strips and lay over a bed of rice before adding the curry sauce. Garnish with pickled radish (if using). Enjoy!