How was your first week with the Lazy Pinoy Low Carb Diet Meal Plan?
Did you feel deprived in any way? My first week of the Filipino low carb diet plan went fine. I went all out and had no rice at all. I was able to avoid carbs but I did not see any drastic change in my weight. I am also having a 30-minute daily walk. I’m feeling a bit discouraged. Maybe because of all those extra protein I ate? :P TO be sure, this is a lazy low carb diet and there were no food calculators involved but I was hoping for a bit more action, so to speak.
Hopefully, I’ll get to show some improvement this week. I’ll try to eat less because honestly, even though I’m not eating rice, I’m eating more veggies and meat in order to feel full.
Again, here are the guidelines for this lazy Filipino low carb diet plan:
- As much as possible, should be regular Pinoy Food or similar. This is one of the challenges of creating a Low Carb Menu Diet. Almost all of the posted menus online are American or European food!
- Can be eaten by other members of the (Pinoy) family who are not on a diet.
- As much as possible no sugars, including soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others, including Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- Avoid Gluten Grains such as wheat, spelt, white flour, barley and rye. Includes breads, cereals, crackers, and pastas.
- No oil if possible, “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils, High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
- No potatoes, corn, and other tubers.
- “Diet” and low-fat products. You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labeled as “health foods.”
- No highly processed foods. If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Unlimited nuts, and vegetables. Fruits on moderation.
- 1/2 cup rice. This is a low carb diet, not a no-carb diet.
- No calorie counting. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re satiated.
- I know some households require a pairing of veggies and protein for lunch and dinner and I will try to accommodate that as much as possible.
- Sundays are cheat days.
Week 2 Low Carb Meal Plan
Want to download the shopping list? My Week 1 has one!
Get the Week 1 Low Carb Shopping List by signing up for my Newsletter!
Get this on your Pinterest board for ease of access.