Jump to recipe
It’s not easy to find your go-to low carb recipe that’s easy, cheap, and tasty. I get it. It’s had enough to stay on your course for a healthier you. It’s all the preparation that really gets me off track.
So today I’m sharing this mushroom omelette recipe for a healthy breakfast that can stand on its own as a low carb, keto-friendly, but can also be eaten by the kids and hubby who are not on the low carb plan. You can cook this for the long term, long after the low carb diet phase has passed your When I’m feeling lazy to prepare anything, much less go through the whole rigmarole of meal planning, I just cook this one. The best thing is, you can cook it for breakfast, lunch, and my, my, even dinner! Lol.
Fluffy Cheese Mushroom Omelette
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper + seasoning as optional
- 30 g butter / 1.1 oz (for frying)
- 30 g cheese (shredded) / 1.1 oz
- 20 g / 4 teaspoons chopped white onion
- 1 can mushrooms
- Add half the butter on a large skillet and saute the onions until translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add water. Whisk the eggs with a fork until smooth and frothy. Add salt and spices to taste.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Once the butter has melted, pour in half of the egg mixture and tilt the pan until base is coated. Add the rest of the whisked eggs.
- When the omelet begins to cook and the eggs set and firm, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle shredded cheese, add the mushrooms, and onion on top.
- Using a spatula, carefully ease around the edges of the omelet, and then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and tilt the pan to slide the omelet on to a plate.
- Top with some greens (maybe some parsley or spring onions) and a sprinkling of freshly turned black pepper. Feel free to use some other seasoning as well. (Sriracha works great!)
If you're not in a low carb diet, this is great to serve with toast.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved RelaxlangMom.com