Cook real chicken nuggets for the kids and kids at heart. #kidfriendlyrecipe
I have always been for easy. And if I can, I’d buy everything premade and ready to cook. But I tend to stay away from the chicken nuggets on those big freezers. Because chicken nuggets, the ones sold in the groceries, hardly have any chicken on it and all I can taste is the breadcrumbs.
So here’s a simple fun recipe for kids, so you can make some and enjoy some real chicken!
Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup Maya all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or half a chicken cube melted in hot water)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kalamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken,
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- oil for frying
- Cook butter and flour in a pan.
- Gradually pour in the milk and broth. Cook until thick while stirring constantly.
- Add parsley, kalamansi juice and onion. Season to taste. Cool.
- Add chicken meat to cooled mixture. Mix well then chill for a few minutes.
- Shape into nuggets (or any other shape like hearts, smilies and letters, guaranteed to make someone happy) then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Dip in egg-water mixture then roll again in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
That’s it! I told you it’s easy. I love how this turned out to be very tasty chicken! So very far from the chicken nuggets in the grocery.
Now if you want to save this recipe, bookmark this page or click the print button to print the document as PDF. You can also share the recipe below on your Pinterest or right + click to save it on your computer.