Get the Sinigang flavor in your rice with this Sinigang Rice with Crispy Liempo. No Soup but still as tasty!
Coming recently from a cook-off by Unilever Philippines dubbed Funlasang Pinoy because it aims to put exciting twists on Filipino dishes, I was inspired and came up with my own simple version. I have always love playing with food and putting twists on Pinoy Recipes gives us a chance to deliver something different for our family to enjoy.
It’s becoming very “in”, proven by several restaurants serving Pinoy food with twists. I love, love Kanin Club and their Crispy Dinuguan. I have already made my own version of their Sinigang Sinangag or is it Sinangag na Sinigang?
But this one is different because you cook the rice in Sinigang Broth already. This is actually inspired by one of the contestants at the event called Grilled Sinigang and Sinigang Rice Topped with Kangkong Flakes. Since I’m rushed for time today and have no time to marinate and grill, I opted for Crispy Liempo.
Admittedly, mine is not as well plated but we all enjoyed this Sinigang Rice and Liempo Dish!
Sinigang Rice and Fried Liempo
- Knorr Sinigang Mix (Gabi Flavor) 22 gms.
- 1 kilo liempo (pork belly)
- laurel leaves
- black pepper
- 1 tali Kangkong
- 2 Siling Pansigang
- 2 cups rice
- Boil liempo in salted water, add laurel leaves, and black pepper. Dry with paper towels when cooked. Add some salt and sprinkle with Magic Sarap (if using) then set aside in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Cook rice as usual using 3rd washing hugas bigas and adding half of the Sinigang Mix. (Just half or it would be too sour! The gabi flavor is best because it gives a certain creaminess to the rice.)
- Fry Kangkong and Siling Pansigang (using this How to make Vegetable Tempura recipe), set aside.
- Deep fry liempo until crispy (depends on how crispy you like it!)
- Put together and serve with patis. Enjoy!
Tell me how you liked it if you’re trying this!
2 thoughts on “Sinigang Rice with Crispy Liempo”
Pingback: Easy and Delicious Low Carb Meal Plan Week 2 (Pinoy Favorites Edition) ~ Relax lang Mom!
Pingback: Grilled Sinigang Pork Chops with Sinigang Mix Rub ~ Relax lang Mom!