This Curry Chicken Fried Rice is a win win dish, using both chicken and rice leftovers. This is easy to whip up and all the ingredients are in your pantry.
I was looking for something to do with my leftover Lechong Manok and this is an excellent way to transform the roast chicken!
Curry Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup pulled apart or cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups of rice (or all your leftover rice)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion and curry powder till onion is translucent.
- Add peas and carrots. Saute for about 2 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Add cooked chicken and cooked rice.
- Add oyster sauce and continue to toss until rice is hot. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Transfer to plate and top with spring onions. Enjoy!
You may add chili powder if you want it hot.