Pork Liver Steak brings me memories of early Sunday mornings. Along with Marinduque’s version of kare kare, my mom would always buy this when she does her early Sunday market shopping so we can have breakfast as soon as she comes home without having to cook.
Pork Liver steak is a “bistek” style recipe, but this time using pork liver instead of beef or pork tapa. This is 15 minutes dish and very easy.
Pork Liver Steak Recipe
YOUR SHOPPING LIST:
IN THE PANTRY:
Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 kg. Pork Liver (ask your butcher to slice it thinly for you)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large White onion (cut into rings, separated)
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry pork liver in medium heat about 3 minutes on each side. Make sure your fire is not very hot because liver tends to burn easily. I like my liver cooked with stil a bit of pink inside because it tends to become chewy and dry when over cooked.
- On same pan, fry onion until heated thru but still crispy. (if you managed to burn the liver while frying, don’t use the same oil for frying the onions because it will taste bitter)
- Add soy sauce, calamansi juice, and 1/2 cup of water. Let simmer for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (optional)
- Serve with rice.
Want to save this recipe on your Pinterest? Share the photo below!