Skip to content
Skinless Longganisa( Hamonado Style)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (I used Datu Puti)
- 1/2 kilo LEAN ground pork >>Make sure its LEAN -shouldn’t have fats or else it will fall part)
- 1cup golden brown sugar (this helps with the color)
- Longanisa Quick Mix
- Longnisa Extender
- Red food color (optional)
- Plastics -for wrapping.
- Soak the extender just enough to make it moist. Dont let it float. About 2-3 minutes. Mix with the ground pork.
- Add the Longanisa Quick Mix.
- Add the vinegar
- Add the sugar
- Drop a couple of food coloring (if using)
- Put in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up the meat.
- Form into Longanisa sausage or even patties if you desire. I use the Ice Plastic that you can buy from the market and cut it up in 2. You can also use wax paper.
- If you’re selling these, weigh each one into 15 gms per sausage.
- Fry in low fire so the sugar will not be burned.HOW TO MIX FOOD COLOR.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon food color plus 1/8c water. You can also use atsuete but it’s pricier than food color.
You can add minced garlic if you want it garlicky.
If using hog casing, you can use 50-50 fat at lean for a juicier and yummier Longanisa.