Skinless Longganisa( Hamonado Style)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (I used Datu Puti)
- 1/2 kilo LEAN ground pork >>Make sure its LEAN -shouldn’t have fats or else it will fall part)
- 1cup golden brown sugar (this helps with the color)
- Longanisa Quick Mix
- Longnisa Extender
- Red food color (optional)
- Plastics -for wrapping.
- Soak the extender just enough to make it moist. Dont let it float. About 2-3 minutes. Mix with the ground pork.
- Add the Longanisa Quick Mix.
- Add the vinegar
- Add the sugar
- Drop a couple of food coloring (if using)
- Put in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up the meat.
- Form into Longanisa sausage or even patties if you desire. I use the Ice Plastic that you can buy from the market and cut it up in 2. You can also use wax paper.
- If you’re selling these, weigh each one into 15 gms per sausage.
- Fry in low fire so the sugar will not be burned.HOW TO MIX FOOD COLOR.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon food color plus 1/8c water. You can also use atsuete but it’s pricier than food color.
You can add minced garlic if you want it garlicky.
If using hog casing, you can use 50-50 fat at lean for a juicier and yummier Longanisa.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…