Jump to recipe
This is an easy and quick chicken recipe that you can do in under 30 minutes. Sometimes, when I’m not into the Fried Chicken mood, or Adobo feels, I end up making this chicken recipe.
Today, that’s just what happened. I’m not in the mood to cook and it was already 11:45 in the afternoon when I realized there’s no lunch yet. (It happens, forgive yourself already!)
This chicken teriyaki dish is easy, (did I mention that already?), plus I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry, and I like sweet and salty food. Teriyaki works with a glaze of soy sauce, mirin, and sugar and the resulting sauce is what makes the chicken pop. Once you master the basics of the teriyaki recipe, you can play around by adding garlic or ginger depending on your preference. IMHO, more garlic is better and it adds a kind of Pinoy twist to this ch
Chicken Teriyaki Recipe. Easy Chicken dish.
How to make a Quick and Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar (or mirin)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. washed sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 kilo chicken (I used legs but it’s better to use boneless breasts)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Prepare the sauce: Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Whisk with a fork until smooth and cornstarch is dissolved.
- Cook chicken in oil, add pepper and salt, and cook until fat starts to render and meat is almost cooked.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and let simmer until sauce is thick and chicken is thoroughly cooked. (Make sure to use medium fire). This will be quick. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Enjoy!
© 2020 All Rights Reserved RelaxlangMom.com