Moisture moisture moisture. The enemy of a great burger is moisture. You send a burger to work with your husband or a sandwich to school with your children and they come home with the sandwich and burgers uneaten. What a heartbreak. Think of all the children in Timbuktu!
It was fine when you sent it but it got soggy before being eaten. What’s a mom to do? As with anything, prevention is the best cure.
Here are a couple of tips to prevent soggy sandwiches and burgers for either merienda or lunch.
Tips to prevent soggy sandwiches and burgers
- Choose the best bread. Crusty breads will do fine. But for burgers and sandwiches, it is better to toast your bun. Toasting your bun gives you an added layer of protection against moisture.
- Add a thin layer of butter on the bread.
- Add condiments -mayo, ketchup, or mustard in between cheeses or meat.
- Dab meats with paper towel to remove oil or extra moisture.
- Put ingredients that tends to get wet in the middle, like tomatoes. and veggies.
- Use cheese and lettuce as moisture barriers.
- Wrap in parchment paper, tissue or sandwich wrapper before putting in resealable plastic bag or container to catch the extra moisture especially if the sandwich was still hot when packed.
Do you have any tips you can add to this list?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…