A simple but amazing potato salad.
Potato salad is a good salad to make as a side dish for special occasions. My favorite potato salad is the one in Banapple in Katipunan and this is a take on it. It has a strong resemblance to Julia Child’s potato salad.
Potato Salad Recipe
- 1/2 kilo potato, peeled and cut
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- hard boiled eggs (garnish)
- crumbled bacon (optional)
- Boil water and add a tablespoon of salt for every liter of water. Add 1 chicken cube.
- When boiling, add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until just cooked thru. Do not thoroughly cook the potatoes. Just enough that you can bite into it. IMPORTANT.
- Reserve 1 cup of potato water then drain water from potatoes .
- Put potatoes in a big bowl, pour the reserved potato water, and add the vinegar, turning over carefully. Let sit for about 10 minutes until water is absorbed by the potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, onions bacon, and pickles in a bowl. Add eggs. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add enough mayonnaise to coat potatoes.
- Chill before serving.