A simple but amazing potato salad.
Potato salad is a good salad to make as a side dish for special occasions. My favorite potato salad is the one in Banapple in Katipunan and this is a take on it. It has a strong resemblance to Julia Child’s potato salad.
Potato Salad Recipe
- 1/2 kilo potato, peeled and cut
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- hard boiled eggs (garnish)
- crumbled bacon (optional)
- Boil water and add a tablespoon of salt for every liter of water. Add 1 chicken cube.
- When boiling, add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until just cooked thru. Do not thoroughly cook the potatoes. Just enough that you can bite into it. IMPORTANT.
- Reserve 1 cup of potato water then drain water from potatoes .
- Put potatoes in a big bowl, pour the reserved potato water, and add the vinegar, turning over carefully. Let sit for about 10 minutes until water is absorbed by the potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, onions bacon, and pickles in a bowl. Add eggs. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add enough mayonnaise to coat potatoes.
- Chill before serving.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Pinay Mommy Blog
Relax Lang Mom is an everyday foodie blog for the busy Pinay mom.
My name is April. I'm a raketera mom, always busy with something and I blog about the quick, the easy, the simple. I'm here to help you relax and save your sanity!
Get your food fix, recipes, life hacks, homeschooling, and productivity tricks here!
I’m just a regular mom like you. And like you, I know, being a mom, everyday is a battle. And it’s not a job for the weary. With this blog, I want to reach out to all the moms out there, who, inundated by the perfect mom of ads, magazines, and social media, try to be all things and ends up depleted, exhausted, unhappy, depressed.
In the search of being a perfect mom, we miss the fun of watching our kids grow, leaving our marriage and relationships unattended.
And everything becomes an unending list to check off. We produce picture perfect homes, gleamingly clean kitchen, Instagram worthy food that we forget to celebrate little successes like finally cleaning that window you’ve been meaning to clean this whole summer, or getting your husband to fix the dripping sink, or your son fixing his bed on his own without nagging.
So yes, let’s all leave that perfect mom idea behind.Learn more
PEPT Test Schedule and PEPT Reviewer for High School
The PEPT test or the Philippine Educational Placement Test is an exam administered by the DepEd to put out of school youth back to the education system. If you have stopped your education (either High School or Grade School), you can get back to school…