It started with the Salted Egg Fried Chicken Recipe. And now, were on to another salted egg recipe. This Pasta with Salted Egg Cream Sauce is creamy and a delight to the taste. The chili provided an extra kick and it was a nice change from the regular spaghetti. #pastalover
I found the recipe along with the Salted Egg Powder (the story on why I even got it was on the other salted egg recipe). This morning, as is my usual technique when there is nothing to cook, I checked my bin to see what may be hiding there. The usual suspects are there -pasta, pancit, de lata, etc. I remembered that I have to use up all my remaining salted egg and also remembered the recipe included, so!
Pasta with Salted Egg Cream Sauce Recipe
with Knorr Golden Salted Powder
- 1/4 kl spaghetti or any pasta (cooked)
- 200 gms bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- chili flakes (to taste)
- 20g (or roughly 2 tbsp) salted egg powder (or 4 mashed salted egg yolk)
- 125 ml water
- 125 ml cream
- 1/2 chicken cube
- basil leaves (optional, toppings)
- In a saute pan, render the bacon to semi crispy.
- Add garlic cloves, chicken cube, and chili flakes.
- In a bowl, dilute Knorr Golden Salted Egg in water.
- Pour salted egg mixture to pan.
- Add cream and simmer for a few seconds.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (if needed).
Assembly and Presentation
- Add cooked noodles and mix until noodles is coated and cooked thru.
- Transfer on a serving dish.
- Garnish with chili flakes and basil if desired.
Save this recipe on your Pinterest? Share the image below!