I have collected all my QuickMix Recipes so you can easily see it in one document. I have originally wanted to put this in a downloadable ebook but that takes a bit more time than just putting these together for you. Soon I’ll have them in an ebook version and you can just download it from here so you always have a copy!
PS, if you’re new to my site, Welcome! These recipes require my Quick Mixes -so you can start sooner without buying and investing in a lot of spices! All of these can be bought from the shop.
BURGER BIZ RECIPE
- 1/4 ground pork (a mix of pork at beef is the best!)
- 4 TBSP + 1 tsp of the Burger Quickmix (if using a weighing scale, use 34 grams)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (or more)
- 120 g breadcrumbs (1/2 c plus 1/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
HOMEMADE BURGER RECIPE
- 1/4 ground pork with fats
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (or more)
- 4 tablespoon 1 tsp burger powder( you can adjust the seasoning according to your taste)
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs (optional)
- Maintain the cold temperature of your ground meat while preparing all the other ingredients.
- Cut up cellophane or plastic about the intended size of your burger so you will have a divider for every burger you make.
- Mix all the ingredients and shape into a burger.
- Fry and serve in a bun. Add vegetables such as lettuce and onions to hype up the flavor!
You can make other recipes with this burger! Moms have reported making Burger and Mushrooms. Slow Cooked Burger Soup, and Burger Steak ala Jolibee!
SIOMAI BIZ RECIPE
450 gms ground pork 80% lean. <<Make sure its the correct weight.
200 grams squash grated and squeezed. (Alternatives: Singkamas, Camote, Carrots)
3/4 cup or 164 ml water
3 tbsp sesame oil
- Soak extender in water about 2-3 minutes until moistened.
- Mix the ground meat, grted and aqueezed squash, extender, powder mix until sticky.
- Add sesame oil.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Wrap in Siomai / Dumpling wrappers. Each one should be 10 grams each.Yield should be at least 100 pcs.
- Boil water in a steamer. Brush steamer with oil so Siomai wrapper wont stick. When water is boiling, add the Siomai. Add a layer of cloth before covering so steam wont fall on the Siomai. Time for 20 minutes.
Even cheaper costing.
1/4 ground pork
200 grams squash
200 grams singkamas
3/4 cup or 164ml Water
3 tbsp sesame oil
Of all the vegetables we tried, my favorite is squash. It has no squash taste, but feel free to use others you prefer.
Use the largest size wrapper so your Siomai looks bigger.
Dont prepare the Siomai in front of an electric fan so your wrpper will not harden.
Freeze after cooking so it will last for 30 days. REMEMBER that this recipe has no preservatives.
Chili Garlic Sauce
1 pack instant chili garlic flakes
3/4 cup vegetble oil
- Heat your oil.
- Pour oil in the chili garlic. Our chili is not very hot. You can add more chopped chili if you prefer it spicier.
- 800 grams Ground Pork with fat
- 2 small Carrots ( grated or minced)
- Spring Onions (minced)
- 82 grams Siomai QuickMix (1 pack)
- 2- 3 TBSP Sesame oil
- Wonton Wrappers (available in markets and Supermarkets)
- 1 cup (or about 200 grams) grated turnips (singkamas), squeeze out the juice (optional)
- Mix meat and singkamas. (if using)
- Add the Siomai QuickMix
- Add the sesame oil. Mix well.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients in a Siomai wrapper. (14 grams each if measuring)
- Top with carrots. (for those beautiful orange design you see on Chinese restaurants)
- Brush your steamer with oil before arranging your Siomai on it. (Or else the Siomai will stick to the steamer and will result in a bold – este, Wrapperless Siomai.
- Make sure to leave spaces so the dumplings will not stick together.
- Boil the water first. After boiling, then you can add the steamer with Siomai on it. Time it for 20 minutes in medium fire.
- Cover with a cotton cloth or “lampin” before then secure the steamer cover on top. This is to avoid the steam water from falling into your Siomai.
Serve with soy sauce, calamansi and sesame oil. Chili sauce is a must!
- If using turnips or singkamas as extender – make sure to use lean ground pork because singkamas has water content and your Siomai will be moist and flat like my first one.
- You can cook a large batch and freeze the dumplings in the freezer. Let it rest and cool before freezing. Consume within 30 days. Remember, this has no preservatives, my Quick Mix are preservative free spices that is only designed to make it easier for the homecook! If not putting in the freezer, please consume immediately.
- Oh, and another thing, when you’re wrapping your Siomai, make sure the wrapper is not exposed to too much air (like electric fan, or if you’re sosyal with an air conditioner in the kitchen hahaah!) The wrapper will harden and it will break when you’re wrapping the Siomai.
- 83 grams of Tocino Quick Mix or if there is no weighing scale, measure 1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoon of our Tocino Quick Mix. (not the whole pack)
- 2 tablespoon white sugar or 25g
- Red food color for coloring (optional)
- 1/2 TBSP Gin
- 1 1/2 TBSP Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 kilo Pork Kasim (sliced thinly)
- Pound the meat using a meat pounder or use the back of a knife.
- Add all ingredients in a Ziplock bag or a Tupperware. Mix thoroughly.
- Add pork and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 days. (If not using immediately, you can put it in the Freezer after 2 – 3 days)
- Put 1/8 cup of water and 5 tablespoon oil in a pan and cook until the water has evaporated and there is only the oil remaining. Turn the meat over a few until it is cooked.
If you find it too sweet, you can remove the sugar.
If you want to add preservatives, from this site.
*Instead of pineapple juice, some of my clients use half a sachet of Pineapple Tang powder plus the whole Tocino Quickmix pack.
Skinless Longganisa( Hamonado Style)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (I used Datu Puti)
- 1/2 kilo LEAN ground pork >>Make sure its LEAN -shouldn’t have fats or else it will fall part)
- 1cup golden brown sugar (this helps with the color)
- Longanisa Quick Mix
- Longnisa Extender
- Red food color (optional)
- Plastics -for wrapping.
- Soak the extender just enough to make it moist. Dont let it float. About 2-3 minutes. Mix with the ground pork.
- Add the Longanisa Quick Mix.
- Add the vinegar
- Add the sugar
- Drop a couple of food coloring (if using)
- Put in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up the meat.
- Form into Longanisa sausage or even patties if you desire. I use the Ice Plastic that you can buy from the market and cut it up in 2. You can also use wax paper.
- If you’re selling these, weigh each one into 15 gms per sausage.
- Fry in low fire so the sugar will not be burned.
HOW TO MIX FOOD COLOR.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon food color plus 1/8c water. You can also use atsuete but it’s pricier than food color.
- You can add minced garlic if you want garlicky a Longanisa..
- If using hog casing, you can use 50-50 fat at lean for a juicier and yummier Longanisa.
1 package Siopao Quickmix
140 ml water
- Put 1 pack of Siopao Mix in a bowl.
- Add 140 ml water.
- Knead the dough until the water is fully incorporated and dough is smooth.
- Cover dough with plastic and rest for about 20 minutes.
- Cut dough into pieces and weigh 80 grams for each dough.
- Add any filling you want.
- Add your siopao buns in a steamer, monitor till water is boiling , then time it for 20 minutes in medium heat.
- 4 tablespoon plus 2 tsp Asado Quickmix. (add more if desired)
- 1/4 kl pork. (make sure to add in some fats)
- 1 TBSP plus 1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 TBSP cornstarch diluted in 3 TBSP water
- Add pork, Asado Quickmix, soy sauce, and water in a casserole.
- Boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add cornstarch slurry and mix till thick.
- Let cool and add to the siopao bread.
Siopao Sauce. (currently not available.)
1 pack Siopao sauce
1 cup water
- Add 1 pack Siopao sauce and water in a casserole.
- In a medium fire, mix until you see bubbles.
- Turn off fire immediately.
SHAWARMA BEEF RECIPE:
- 45 ml white vinegar (Datu Puti or Silver Swan )
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 TBSP plus 1/2 tsp Shawarma Quickmix
- 1/2 kilo Beef Brisket (Sukiyaki cut / thin slices)
Assorted Veggies: ( Pipino, White Onion, Cabbage, Tomatoes)
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Pan fry until the edges are dry. No need to add oil.
- After frying, cut into pieces.
- Arrange on your pita bread
Personally, I like pan frying better than baking because it’s tastier. The Shawarma Quickmix can make a kilo of meat but this recipe is only for 1/2 kilo. If you want to use all the mix, use 1 kilo of meat.
For each Shawarwa, beef weight should be is 35 grams per pita bread. You can prepare this ahead and put in a plastic and freeze. Then you can just take out 1 pack and reheat everytime theres an order.
- Put your Pita Bread Quickmix in a bowl and carefully add 70 ml of water. Mix until it forms a dough. (for the P50 per pack Quickmix use, 140 ml of water)
- Knead dough for about 3-5 minutes until the dough is shiny.
- Cover the dough with plastic and rest for 20 minutes till double in size.
- Put some flour in the table where you will cut and prepare the Pita.
- Weight 50 grams each doughfor each Pita Bread. You can make 5 pita bread.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin intil its thin enough. You can use a long bottle if you dont have a rolling pin.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Dont put oil.
- Put the Pita Bread on the hot pan and wait till you see some bubbles. Flip over.
- This is ready to serve!
You can put your bread in the freezer for up to two months. Make sure that it is in a sealed plastic so it will not dry out.
Put the Pita Powder in the refrigerator for extended shelf life.
SHAWARMA GARLIC SAUCE
- 1 TBSP Shawarma Garlic Quickmix or 11 grams. If you want it tastier, y kung gusto ng mas malasa pa add lng more powderou can add more powder.
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil or Canola or 107ml
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
Procedure using hand mixer
- Put the egg, Shawarma Quickmix and vinegar then mix using hand mixer on No 1 till foamy.
- Add oil the oil little by little until mixture becomes thick. If you want to make it thinner like in the Shawarma shops, add milk or water. 1 – 2 TBSP should be enough depending on how thin you want it to be. This will only last for a day because of the egg.
Chinese Quekiam Recipe (Original):
- 1 kl ground pork (lean)
- 450 grams Singkamas / Jicama/ Turnip (use Carrots if there’s no Singkamas) (grated and squeezed)
- RLM’s Chinese Quekiam Premix (125g)
- Taupe Wrapper
- Oil for frying
- RLM’s Kikiam Sauce Powder (85 gms)
- 1 cup water
- Chilis (Siling Labuyo)- optional
- Mix lean ground pork (fat can make your Quekiam soggy) and the Singkamas.
- Add RLM’s Chinese Quekiam Quickmix. Mix thoroughly.
- Wrap like a lumpia. Every kikiam meat should weigh 100 grams per wrapper.
- Heat a cupful of oil in a nonstick pan. The oil should reach to about half of the Quekiam.
- Fry Quekiam on a low fire. Cover pan.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Dissolve Kikiam Sauce Powder in 1 cup of water.
- Add chilis if desired.
- Simmer the sauce in medium fire until thick.
Singkamas should be grated. Use food processor if possible. You can use a cheese grater. Squeeze out the water thoroughly. The remaining pulp should be 450 grams.
After frying, you can freeze the Quekiam for up to 30 days.